you save up to 3% discount = €23.46
Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Immediately available *
- Order number: 41721000.2
"Vitra office chair Physix"
Design: Alberto Meda, 2012
- Mechanics and backrest: powder-coated aluminium, deep black (RAL 9005) or soft grey (RAL 7047).
- Synchronous movement, individual fine adjustment of the backrest counterforce, locking in upright position.
- Seat height adjustable by gas spring.
- Back, seat and frame: frame, armrests made of polyamide
- Seat and back surface one-piece, free-flowing knitwork TrioKnit.
- Base: die-cast aluminum five-star base
- Fabric: FleeceNet 53% Polyester, 46% Polyamides, 1% Spandex
- Fabric: TrioKnit 95% Polyester, 4% Spandex
- Blauer Engel for low-emission upholstery furniture (RAL-UZ 117)
- GREENGUARD Indoor Air Quality Certified
The basic idea is the creation of a continuous seat shell, using a textile braced between two spars. This is the construction of the Physix. In the ancestral series of the iconic chairs he stands as the last link. However, he is developing the typology decisively further.
Alberto Meda composes a combination of three elements to create a dynamic seater experience, using current production and materials engineering possibilities. Components of this are an elastic cover, the stabilizing mechanism and the flexible frame. These characteristics together form this congenial construction of the physix. The interplay of fixed and flexible elements re-interprets the possibilities of dynamic sitting.
The cover is available in 6 FleeceNet colours and 5 TrioKnit colours. The base can be selected in various aluminum versions. For use on hard or soft floors, the appropriate rollers are available.
Born 1945 in the Italian Tremezzina, north of Milan. He studied mechanical engineering at the Polytechnic in Milan and worked as a director for Kartell in the 1970s. As a freelance designer he worked for well-known companies such as Alfa Romeo, Luceplan, Philips, Olivetti, Legrand and some more. In the 80s, Meda taught industrial technology at the Domus Academy in Milan. The design laboratory Bremerhaven appointed him as a member of the board in 1995. The collaboration with vitra began in 1994. Since 2003, Alberto Meda has taught at the IUAV Venice and has lectured in Stockholm, Miami, Chicago, Toronto and Istanbul. His designs enrich the successful Office Collection.
Sustainability and the environment
The most important contribution to the environment is the longevity of a product. High-quality materials and lasting design ensure a long life of the Physix. The office swivel chair is 98% recyclable and carries the certificates "GREENGUARD Indoor Air Quality Certified" and "Blauer Engel for low-emission upholstery furniture (RAL-UZ 117)".
|Width backrest:||49 cm|
|Height backrest:||43 cm|
|Depth seat surface:||43 cm|
|Height seat:||39-51 cm|
|Largest outrigger undercarriage:||40 cm|